Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Empty Nest


Today my 18 y/o left for Navy boot camp. I have mixed emotions, and my worry meter is as high as it can go and them some. It seems like yesterday he was a newborn in my arms. He has grown into a responsible man and makes me proud. Following a long tradition on family members that went in to the service. His Papa could not be prouder of him, as he was a Navy man himself.

Where do I go from here? I will pray every night that he is safe, and have faith that he will be home safe and sound someday.

In the midst of all this I have been knitting a sweater for my Mom. I is a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern. It was fun to make and the pattern is simple. I just had moments where I could not count. Will post a picture of the finish sweater soon. All there is left to do is finish the cuff of the sleeve and the button bands.

My next knitting project will be all for me. I will be making the Dogwood Blossoms sweater by Knit Picks in purple. Here is a pic.

This will be my first time steeking. Wish me luck.

No comments: